Namaste is looking for a matte artist to work on environments. We are currently working on an AI-based MMORPG set in a fantasy world.
The ideal candidate:
- Is sympathetic to asian influences (such as Miyazaki-like but NOT anime) but understands the Western viewpoint.
- Can create rough drafts and iterate designs incredibly quickly
- Has a feel for other cultures and can help envision the creation of imaginary ones
- Is happy to work with both realistic and stylized aesthetics
- can design both pristine landscapes and urban environment with a variety of architectural styles
- can develop his/her own ideas and propose new world
- An eye for color, light, composition and staging
- Design prototyping and concept development
- Excellent draughtsmanship together with a vivid imagination and range of artistic styles
- Ability to work within specific styles as set out by the Design/Art team
- An understanding and appreciation of architecture and environments with a keen eye towards form, shape, - structure, and silhouette.
- Ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to a finished proof, through suggestions and iterations.
- Contributed to a project and seen your work go from a 2D concept to a fully realized 3D asset.
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Think that Dune by David Lynch is the best movie ever!!1! (ok this one maybe is not a strict requirement)
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a variety of concept art.
- A full understanding of art principles such as color theory, lighting and perspective
- Expert level with suitable art package (Photoshop, Painter, etc.)
- Flexibility to adapt to specific styles.
- Be autonomous, versatile and receptive to constructive criticism
The position is freelance and remote.
Send your portfolios and example rates on your previous work to rodolfo/at/namaste.vg