*** UPDATE - We were blown away by the number of great artists who contacted us from ConceptArt. You rock! We've found some candidates to work with. If you still want to contact us, feel free. ***
PixelTap Studios is looking for a creative director for a line of children's apps. Partner with SF Bay Area based rockstar engineers who respect creative talent to develop a set of simple, entertaining apps for children. We have a network of U.S.-based parents who can provide rapid feedback on apps.
This position is part-time and pays a mix of cash and equity. We can expand the role to full-time should we agree the fit is mutual.
• Work closely with engineering to explore the newest iOS software and devices and concept new, entertaining features they could enable
• Define a style guide and design brands, user interface, 2D and 3D concepts and production assets
• Art direct internal and external artists, participating in visual concepts and management
• Develop concepts, iterate, and produce assets for key titles
• Help generate new game ideas and determine the look and feel for new title pitches and production
• Professional experience as an artist
• Passion for the space, prior experience with a children-oriented product is preferred
• Diverse portfolio reflecting wide range of work (illustration, 3D, animation, etc.)
• Strong conceptual illustration and production skills
• Good technical and visual communication skills
• Ability to prioritize/manage design work for internal and external artists
• Proficiency in Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator; 3D proficiency preferred
• Prior experience in art direction and branding is preferred
Please send a resume and portfolio or samples to [email protected]. Please include "Creative Art Director - Children's Apps" in the subject line.