Hey all, long time lurker and admirer of the talent here!
I've been working on a story which I'm writing as a novel, pretty much because I can do all that work all on my own. But I'm going to Comic Con this year and a friend who knows about my story has volunteered to share his booth with me and I want to kick things into high gear.
My rough draft of the novel will be done by then, and it would be great to start building an audience and spreading the word. I want to get a Kickstarter project going to pay for some great concept art and a comic book to show off on the website and at the booth.
You can check out the movie poster I had made last year at my blog, www.JarethDakk.com (its totally fake - the names at the bottom are just family and friends, except for Peter Jackson). Seeing on paper what I had only seen in my head for so long really got me motivated! But already, some of the things on that poster are out-of-date.
Specifically, I would like concept art for:
- a luxury spaceliner (like a Titanic in space)
- a jump station (jump stations shift spaceships in and out of hyperspace; they're kind of like train stations/toll booths in space)
- an escape pod from the same spaceliner
- a jetpack (something more functional and realistic than a Rocketeer-style jetpack)
- a moderately futuristic-styled high school gym
- a post-apocalyptic, ruined city (a city that was bombed out and abandoned about 150 years ago)
- a floating island/city 5,000 feet in the sky
- Jareth Dakk (skinny 16 year old boy)
- Deila Pilarr (spunky turned kinda gothic 16 year old girl)
- Mauch Keithan (also 16, post-apocalyptic steam punky)
- Saveedyn (very Zen monk/healer-type of older man)
As for the comic book, I would to make one 24 pager. Just the first few chapters of the story will be done at this point (rather than trying to make a graphic novel of the entire story) before Comic Con. But I'll be either be doing another project after ComicCon to finish it or funding it myself.
I hope I've painted a good picture of the size of this project. I'm taking bids so that I can pick an artist (or team) and figure out what sort of budget I need for this. This will be a Kickstarter project (www.kickstarter.com) - I don't want to pass on this because it might cost a lot, and I think a lot of my friends/family/random strangers would contribute to this project!
Let me know if you're interested, what you need to charge, and lets kick some ass.