Electronic Arts was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise: The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment.
Since 2003, Electronic Arts Montreal is the studio responsible for Army of Two, Need For Speed Nitro, Boogie Superstar, SSX Blur, NHL 2007, as well as several other unannounced franchises.
In 2010 EAM has joined forces with Visceral games and together we are now focused solely on AAA HD titles.
We are passionate about games and daily pushing the boundaries of creativity and technology, EAM is THE place to be for a career in video games.
EAM is currently looking for an on site senior Concept artist for an exciting new AAA 3rd Person Action IP!
Senior Concept Artist
EAM is looking for an exceptionally skilled concept artist to work on a Next-Gen AAA action game. The ideal candidate has experience concept drawing and illustrating a diverse visual range of environments and architecture as well as experience with character design and 2D environment texturing. The concept artist must have a strong understanding of, and a desire to quickly design, a multitude of assets that fit the visual art style of the World. An exceptional understanding of form, structure, architecture, color, and light and a creative imagination is essential. The concept artist should have a basic understanding of game art creation (low-poly modeling and texturing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Photoshop, Painter,Maya, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
• Experience with Photoshop/Painter, and/or Maya.
• 5 years of experience.
• An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design.
• Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design.
• The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments.
• Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
• A passion for games.
• Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist.
• Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration.
• A passion for developing online games.
• Fine Art background.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with portfolio link to [email protected]