So here are some exercises from the course. First was a still-life of a box. Actually, it was very fun because I am trying to study perspective for the next unit. The fact that I had a long rectangular box instead of a square one made much more interesting perspectives. I found it quite a challenge to render the shape accurately without the aid of shadows, but I think I did a pretty good job. Some angles were harder than others, that is for sure. The funky line is due to the fact that this box had a lid on, and the box was slightly squished hehe.
The next set of exercises was more string-copy work. The second try on this, I actually didn`t use the string at all. Towards the end I was rushed as my time was almost up (I share a room). Also, the template printout had some lines too faint to print, thus some look unfinished. Even though, according to the paper I was using there were no lines heh
My biggest problem is moving on. I would do those string exercises over and over again, trying to perfect it--even though I don`t care for the method, it won`t be used much longer in the course, and I would probably not use it again unless I had to haha. It is a very exhausting method. My feet hurt by the end, my shoulders are stiff, my eyes are strained....but...It is definately worth it. My eyeballing accuracy is almost the same as my string accuracy, which is a lot of improvement. Especially if you look at the freehand/eyeball eye practice I did before. My accuracy in copying overall has only marginally improved, I think.