I do know that oil painting in a room without good ventilation is bad. Very bad. What I don't know is why. Is it the actual paint? The paint doesn't seem to have much of an odor. I know that fumes can be odorless, but when I thought about it it did seem that the problem was more likely Turpentine. So is Turpentine the culprit? What about Liquin?
It's crunch time on my midterm painting and I was wondering if I could paint in my apartment with questionable ventilation if I just didn't open up and use my Turpenoid or my Liquin and just used plain old paint. And then I could wash my brushes in a container outside.
Oh and while I'm on the subject of toxicity and paints, is acrylic paint toxic at all? I know the fumes are okay to use in my apt. but would it be a stupid move to do something like eat a sandwich while painting with acrylic? I know food plus oil paint equals baaaad.