I like the pencil textures on yesterday's... agree with Farvus that it's good to do real life drawings once in a while - often the skills you learn there transfer over to the monitor better than digital drawings transfer to real life.
But I think it would be useful for you to study anatomy and proportions of the face more - not sure if you've heard these already but here are a few guidelines:
- The eyes should be halfway between the chin and the top of the head
- The eyebrows should be at the same height as the top of the earlobes
- The bottom of the earlobes should be about the height of the bottom of your nose
- The forehead should take up about a 1/3rd of the head, so in this drawing it should be a lot bigger and the other facial features should be smaller to fit into the space that's left.
- Don't cut off the back of the skull, it should bulge out more - there's a whole brain in there after all, lol.
Hope that helps...
For today's: I like the angle of the close-up a lot, very intense. Keep it up!