So, in another thread, a bunch of us mentioned wanting to be part of an anatomy sketchbook critique exchange / study group. Here it is.
EDIT: How the group works
- Open for all to join. Drop in, introduce yourself, and get studying!
- The focus is on a new body part each week, with the new part being announced on Mondays.
- Please work in greyscale
- Work from whatever materials you have access to. Make a note with your post what you're working from. If you found something online, we'd appreciate a link.
- Post as much as you want each week.
Currently Studying: Knee and Lower Legs
Feel free to keep doing studies: do more work on the head and neck, do some studies of overall proportions, get a head start on the rest of the body, whatever. Feel free to post any of it.
Original Group Members
Gateau suggested we pick a body part a week to study, and I think that's a great idea.
First things first:
- Tell us a bit about yourself - where you're at right now, what your goals are, etc.
- A link to your sketchbook
What body part should we study first? Start from the head and work our way down? From the feet up? From the middle out?We've figured this part out.
I'm a programmer by day, but I've been doodling since I was old enough to hold a pencil. I'm not trying to go pro, but I still want to make my art the best it can be. My ultimate goal is to create illustration-style paintings.
The link to my sketchbook is in my sig.
I don't mind starting anywhere for the first week, but I have been doing a lot of head studies lately, since I've been working on portraits.