Hey guys, thanks for visiting and leaving such awesome comments. I'm under the weather tonight so I'm just gonna dump real quick and go. But I'll be visiting sketchbooks in the near future.
Okay so I haven't been drawing too much lately, in fact a coupla these are from two weeks ago and the rest have just been done in the last few days. :p I went to the zoo on Sunday (and apparently missed the female model at MCC, boo!). I love zoo trips cuz it's a great opportunity to practice drawing from life quickly - damn restless animals. I'm still learning how to capture movement, and also I was playing around with different media to see which one was most comfortable for this kinda sketching.
Oh, and a coupla character designs.
Next week it may be a farm trip... horses! Hoping to try some horse skeleton studies beforehand so I'm prepared.
So here we go.
- My niece, from a coupla weeks ago
- Back to bird studies
- Wing study
- First zoo sketch, a Maned Wolf (why the legs are so long). He was kinda shy... and smelly.
- Scimitar-Horned Oryx
- Asian Elephant. Tried nupastel... not a huge fan.
- Przewalski's Horse - omfg how do you pronounce that word?? Tried Sharpie with that one.
- Back to pencil with the small mammals: Mongoose and Meerkat
- African Lion - I swear he stayed in that position the whole time we were in the big cat area.
- Tiger cubs. That's all I'm saying.
- Trying out my battle nun again :p
- Also thought I'd give this week's CHOW a go - modern Red Riding Hood. This is a young werewolf hunter with a red hoodie. But I don't think she's sexy enough so... I might redo.