Thanks guys! And now some digital stuff:
p sage: What else right?
Mind you I think i need to do more of them to really get the hang of it. Was a good reminder of the unforgivingness of analog media, but fun too. Everybody should get back to that from time to time IMO.
rumpenstiltzkin: You can repeat yourself as many times as you like, it's always welcome!
Revidiscent: Thank you very much!
And now ...
... Wall of A4!
Last edited by walnut; October 26th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
I just can't get over how fantastic your sketches are!Dynamic,expressive and your concepts are cool too.Your digital stuff isn't on the same level but you'll get there.SUB-SCRIBED!
Are you inspired by Joel27 from deviantart? You two really have the same style of sketching faces. both cute girls and heavily featured men. If you haven't seen his stuff yet you should check him out. It's really up your alley.
aight insta-subscribe! Love it all O_O
KrisKringle: Thanks! I'll try to get my digitals up to snuff too, promise!
Axelga2112: Funny you should mention that guy; only a few weeks ago someone tipped me off on him. So yeah i like his stuff, but up until shortly i had no clue about him. Weird.
Snooby Sebastian: Thanks for coming round again, i'm glad it was worth the hike
phiq: It takes a couple of weeks before i can gain enough critical sketching mass to unload, so please be patient
Cout>mecha: Uh ... jiminy?!
Ok, some more digital stuff. Pretty dry if you ask me, mostly exercise in digital inking. If you guys would be so kind to do a vote on that thumbnail set, that'd be great. I feel like i should really make a finished piece after all that sketching, so one of thumbs should do the trick. So please tell me, which one speak to you, which one doesn't, and if you could please tell me why, you will get a million thanks and maybe even a free sketch from me
This one's opencanvas btw. Hey, it's Halloween picture time right?
great update, as for the thumbnails, I like the composition best in 3,7 and 9
Hey walnut, here's my take:
1. A little boring; static composition and little scope for depth, unless you amp the lighting in some way.
2. Probably my favourite. Both the girl and the mech are given equal standing here. They are both headed or looking in the same direction, which gives the impression that they are a team, and this is wonderfully backed up by him holding her in the palm of his hand. Her pointing works well too. Additionally, the mech has a real sense of scale - he looks massive - while she is given importance being in the foreground as well as being set apart tonally. Dramatic lighting.
3. A bit pedestrian. She looks like she's just chilling on a mech that... might be dead? There is very little sense of a relationship here. Tones are too similar.
4. The mech here is not so much a character, but more of a setting/environment for her to exist in. Emphasis heaped on the girl.
5. Another great team shot, but relative to 2, the tones leave less room for some kinds of expression, I think. Still, it's striking. You'll have to imply the most you can with the silhouette and smart lighting.
6. Mech looks way too predatory here. Not tasteful enough, haha. Girl looks arrogant.
7. I'm not sure what you could be trying to achieve with this one... it almost looks romantic. "Hush. Not another word, Mr Lover-tron." A little bit King Kong too. That's been done a lot before in fantasy/sci-fi illustration recently.
8. A lot like 5, but... sinister? Maniacal laugh.
9. Shameless posing! Lose it.
I hope that helps!
Thanks people for the input! Phiq, thanks for giving me such an in-depth crit, it helped clear up my decision a lot. I also picked your favorite, though there was a tie with #3 for a bit.
Here's a small update, still in thumb stage, but i'm trying to nail the colour. Since that would be pretty flimsy for an update i've also added some shameless nudity to keep things interesting. Okay, that line could use a smiley: pld:
Man, your girls are always so free-flowing
気計 - Quike
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."
The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred
holy cow man liking those sketchposions im fond of doing them myself, those thumbs are looking pretty good too its amazing this steady workflow you have been managing, im sure ill be back for the next gazillion updates so keep them up! and sketch away!
id thank you for that post multiple times if i could. as usual id frame any of em. so sick.
sb most art copied to page 1
Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
facebook: Alface Killah
Those head pages are looking excellent. also like those scifi suit girlies.
Out of those two new colour thumbnails i like more first one, it has nice warm/cool contrast, also the composition is more balanced wheareas second one the eye kind of moves outside of the image.
It is partly because there are no clear areas of contrast difference (dark/light) for giant robot's head and girl like there is on the first image (light of the mouthpiece on robot/light of the girls skin and clothes)
I think you should finish ot sooner than later!
MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378
Hello, what an impressive sketchbook, some succulent drawing here, very dynamic. the desings are full of imagination too, love it. Id like to see you pulling some tight, finished works. l8tr
fIRST ThiNgS FiRST:
Last edited by walnut; December 12th, 2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: one more
Quike: Thanks a lot dude, you know they're all totally free spirits :p
lionheartGFX: I hope this is update enough?
Nettle: First one's better yeah? I really hoped to finish, but i can't get the pixel to do what i want them to do. Yet.
MrChow: Tight and finished huh? Hmm, maybe when i've got time over the Christmas Holidays ...
Jason: Yeah but don't you think she turned out kinda S and M?
OK, one more digital thingy, could use some finish and direction so don't hold it against me yet. See y'all later!
Hey thanks for the comment, i really appreciate your time looking at my stuff. I'm not sure what you mean exactly about my lines, could you elaborate maybe?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)