Hi, I'm currently beginning my 3rd year at OCAD illustration but I don't think its the right fit for me anymore, and I'm thinking of applying to Sheridan.
However the problems are: I don't know whether the animation or illustration program is right for me. I'm interested concept art, but my goal in life would be to create of my own animated series since I also like to create my own stories/characters. I don't just want to be an animator but have animation as one of my skill sets. I also live 10 mins away from OCAD, but to go to sheridan i'd have to commute from downtown toronto which would be 2 hrs I think.
I'm not 100% happy with OCAD. BUT i'm also not sure if sheridan is any better either, because I hear things like 'its all about portfolio and yourself not the school' so I'm not even sure if it will matter which school I graduate from. I'd like some info before I make the leap:
1. Difference between animation and illustration @ sheridan and which one would you guys say fits me more
2. How much is average rent per month at oakville (not interested in living on campus just cheap rent)
3. I'm scared to make a move since I already entered 3rd year and if i went into sheridan i'd have to start from yr 1 again and I'm not exactly rich... BTW do they offer advanced standing for animation/illustration?
4. I've also looked into Max the mutt's concept art program, i'm interested since its still in toronto but can anyone give me info on that program
5. Whats are the classes, teachers and students like? Are they friendly/supportive?
6. would especially like to hear from current students and especially grads and industry workers from all programs mentioned. Btw are the internships paid and related to what you are studying (not just vaguely)
Sorry I know this is a lot, but this issue is really bothering me and I'm feeling stuck. Any help is appreciated thanks!