Hey-ho - Let's go,
what can i say ... I'm a 22 years old German currently studying law (yeah the ultra boring stuff^^). I've been interested in art as long as I can remember but never tried painting or drawing myself - except for the stuff I had to do in the so-called "art-lessons" back in school and some crude drawings of faces I plastered my school book with
The only thing I ever did was 3d-Art using Blender, but I kind of lost interest in that, when they released the new update.
Anyways, last month I found my old "Wacom-Bamboo Fun" (the smallest version) and decided to give it a try. The first sketches were done in Sketchbook-Express until I "upgraded" to Gimp some weeks ago.
As you will see, I have no idea of what I'm doing. I've watched a few tutorials so far and really spent a lot of time here on CA but most of what I do is "Trial and Error".
Anyways, please crit & comment as much as you want,
I really want to improve.
P.S.: Excuse my english.
*EDIT: I hope the image size is okay like this*
I will add some of the stuff I have done in the first month of drawing starting with the oldest.
1. The bears were amongst the first things I drew in Sketchbook Express.
2. The Knight was already done in Gimp.
3. A page with different doodles... I like the owl.
1. Mostly Imagination. I think the one on the left is from a loomis book :/
2. All done from photography trying to overlay the muscles ...
3. Bad hand studies.
4. I don't know if you can call that a face study...
5. Again trying to understand the muscles of upper body.
1. Forest: First try with colours and environments - from imagination.
2. Wave: Second try from imagination... Looking at it now I see, that the wave is consuming too much of the actual image
3. First try at grey-scale - is that how you call it?
4. A Skull I did today from a photography.
5. WIP - Mountain - from photography.