The first day of the new 52 has passed and the series have begun!
We can't really complain about it anymore (I know I tried) they've done it and there's no turning back. Might as well make the best of it.
So, what are people's thoughts on the current releases? And what do you plan on getting that's on the way in the coming weeks?
I rarely buy floppies, but I was interested enough to pick up a few.
- JLI looks interesting.
- Static Shock was ok.
- Green Arrow was ok, but I think the character looks too young now. He needs the beard!
- Batgirl looks decent. Still a shame it appears Oracle isn't canon anymore. I guess Barbara is walking again thanks to rehabilitation (nothing far fetched), it's not explicitly stated but whatever.
- Batwing was a bit gory (somewhat subdued in comparison to other things I've seen, thankfully), but it surprisingly kept me reading.
- I have yet to read the Morrison run, but the new Animal Man is interesting.
- Detective Comics, god damn was that final page really necessary? Other than that it was what you would expect, your run of the mill Batman vs Joker story. Nothing badly done.
- I was excited for Action Comics once I saw the preview and learned that Morrison was on board, but upon reading it I don't know what to make of it. I'll stick around to see how it all plays out.
Initially the only things I said I was gonna bother with were Action Comics, Static Shock, and Blue Beetle, but meh, I got sidetracked.
Ugh, Maybe I'll look at Green Lantern Corps, which releases on the 21st. C'mon, it's got Guy Garderner and John Stewart (no, not the real one). What better way to get into Green Lantern than those two in the same series?