Character of the Week #254
Queen of Seren
-Create a design for the Queen of the planet Seren-
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 31st JULY 2011, 9PM GMT+1
Check your timezone!
The planet of Seren is a beautiful, serene place ruled over by a young Queen. As kind and remarkable as the people of Seren are, they have one tradition which is regarded as barbaric by most other planets in the system. When a new Queen is crowned, she undergoes a ceremonial blinding, a process which is believed to allow the woman to 'see truth' and therefore rule her people better. Whilst normally the Queen is an adult when she comes to be crowned, the current Queen was only a child when she came into power.
This weeks challenge is to design the young Queen, now in her teens, in a ceremonial gown, preparing for the summer celebrations of Seren. The clothing needs to be lightweight but also lavish and extravagant.
Designing for Film:
This week's design is aimed at a film character. Whilst that should not limit your design, we would like you to consider the materials, fabrics and elements etc that your designs are made out of.
- Must be a FEMALE character
- Must be a young teen
- She has been ceremonially blinded so consider the process; did it scar? did it remove her eyes completely?
- Consider the climate of the planet
- Designs do not have to adhere to any earth cultures.
- Must clearly be a Queen so please try to avoid casual style clothing.
- Can be any style or genre
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#254_Username
(Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow254final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image
Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!