DISCLAIMER: You might notice that this weeks challenge page looks a little...bare. This is due to a new banner being made with all the new shiny rules and whatnot and at the moment I don't have access to photoshop, so watch this space! If you have any questions or queries about the rule changes and/or brief simply ask and I will do my best to answer as quickly as I can.
Character of the Week #253
-Create a design for a marauder character who wanders post-nuclear war wastelands-
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 24th JULY 2011, 9PM GMT+1
Check your timezone!
This weeks challenge is to create a a marauder style character who can be found wandering the wastelands of a post-nuclear war world. The world is set in our future, and is of our own cause so there are no alien or supernatural elements at work. With this said, the radiation has caused several mutations increasing attributes such as speed, size, agility and heightened senses. Prolonged exposure to the radiation has left many horribly disfigured and beyond recognition. The Marauder is part of a group who survive in these radiated wastelands. It is up to you to decide if they are amongst the mutated, disfigured or human survivors. How do they live? What measures do they take to protect themselves?
Humans are exactly what it says on the tin
Disfigured are human but think rotting, melting skin, tumors, boils etc. In fact, take a look at the splicers in Bioshock for more examples!
Mutants are still humanoid but with changes to their actual DNA so they might be massive and brute like, or have extra limbs, a tail, extended limbs. They are not like X-Men though, as they do not have abilities like starting fires or walking through walls.
This is a free topic which means you can design for whatever medium you desire be it game, film, comics or something completely different!
- Can be male or female
- The allegiance of the character must be clear: Mutant, Disfigured or Human
- No Alien or Supernatural elements
- Must be set in the future of our own planet
- It is a nuclear wasteland so think carefully about clothing, weapons, accessories etc as there won't be too much around
- No military uniforms or characters. These people were not PART of the war they just survived it.
- Can be any style or genre - But the darker you make it the better
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#253_Username
(Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow253final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image
Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!