Thinking about where the internet was when I was in school makes me feel old.
-There was basically no streaming of ANYTHING online.
- No such thing as netflix
- "On demand" in general wasn't invented yet
- Internet was basically for Usenet (haha, who uses that anymore?), Chatrooms, Geocities, and Porn. Even Message boards were just barely starting to make a dent.
- Flash had just come out and of course everyone was losing their minds with the next level websites. Sadly, some people still think this is a good idea, but I digress.
- Downloading..ANYTHING...took days as Bit Torrent had not been developed yet.
- Social Networking did not exist in any form unless you count the previously mentioned chatrooms, usenet, and MIRC. Not really the same thing, though.
So...it makes me feel really old to know how many tools young artists have nowadays at their disposal. WHEN I WAS A BOY (old), it was pretty much only books, books, more books, and classes. And the only critique I could get from anyone was basically at comic conventions only.
Times have definitely changed!