With 2009 coming to an end soon, I thought it might be nice to take stock of what we all accomplished this year. For me, sometimes it feels I'm just walking on a treadmill in life and not really getting anywhere. I look at the amazing artwork from the people on this site and the flaws in my work become more apparent to me, which makes it seem like getting to that skill level is farther and farther away. People don't really take the time to look behind them and see how far they have progressed. Even if you're financially in the same place as before, I'm sure you've done something this year you are proud of.
For me, 2009
* I bought my first tablet and learned to paint digitally
* Unemployed to having some freelance illustration work
* Published in a few small scale magazines
* Learned the basics of Maya
* Graduated with honors from UC Berkeley and started Grad school
* Finished my Army contract (choosing to not reenlist was a big risk for me because it was a financial blanket but I survived without it)
How about you guys?!