Hi im new to this forum..so ill get to it...
Is it better to just dive into film directing at my age now while keeping concept on the side as support? Or it is it better to slowly make my way through concept and move up over time? And how would someone such as myself who is interested in concept design go about finding internships in this field?
I am currently attending G n o m o n School of Visual Effects but have come to realize that I enjoy more the traditional forms of art than the technical aspect of it (MAYA, SKINNING, Riggin...). I love being in the drivers seat and am comfortable with directing. I cant see myself sitting behind a desk day after day in a dark room. I enjoy the need to oversee everything and bring it all together. Currently I am 25 as of AUG 08... I have been giving this alot of thought and would like to hear your opinions.
Where I stand:
- Strong traditional background
- love concept Art
- good at understanding and telling stories visually (story boarding), good at
- overly ambitious
- passionate about concept art and film directing
- no filming experience (just home made movies and projects for classes)
- did not attend film school
- know little about technical programs, just the basics
- photoshop experience
- love watching and learning from movies
- love sculpture