thank you guys!!
berlasso: thanks! the basic idea of the medium is that it's a mixture of dammar varnish and linseed oil, which gets fatter (more oil) the further I move along in the painting process, in order to keep it "fat over lean". basically it's like this:
- Drawing Stage: mineral spirits only
- Dead-colouring: 1 part linseed oil : 3 parts mineral spirits ---OR--- 1 part linseed oil : 1 part dammar varnish : 2 parts turpentine (dammar varnish might become gummy when mixed with mineral spirits)
- 1st-painting: 1 part linseed oil : 1 part dammar varnish : 1 part turpentine
- 2nd-painting: 1 part linseed oil : 1 part dammar varnish
- Glazing, toning: 2 parts linseed oil : 1 part dammar varnish
Wasker: I love it here...! Let me know if you come visiting!!
Here it is next to the original - some colour differencies are unavoidable with all this mixing of printout, oil paint, photography and on screen..