I'm new here, hope I'm posting this in the right section and stuff.
I'm a moderate hobby-artist, have been mostly drawing with traditional pencil and paper, and would like to get more digital, so I wanna buy a graphics tablet. But the choice of which one to choose is difficult. So I thought I'd ask you guys for some advice.
Those who have experience with graphics tablets, what types have you used, and how do you like them?
- Am I right in assuming I should get a wacom, cause the others are too low-quality?
- What size would you say it should have? If I'd been asked randomly, I would have said A4, but judging by the products I've seen so far, A6 seems much rather to be the norm. (With A4 being more like a luxury version). That appears awfully small to me. Is that so or is that just me? Or can you sort of balance that out by scrolling alot and/or zooming in and out of your image?
- One thing I've been wondering: How can you actually tell what part of the image is where, when you draw on the tablet? As far as I know the image isn't visible on the tablet itself, is it? So if I wanna move the pen to a certain place to continue drawing there, how do I know where exactly to place it?
- What software do you recommend to use with it? Any compabilities I should pay attention to?
- What's the minimum/average resolution/precision I should expect?
Thanks in advance